Oh Make Me Over
What I really mean is, here's some random recommendations that I felt like bestowing on the world. The idea to do so came to me as I was removing my eye makeup this evening and deciding that I had really good taste in eye shadow colors, and frankly, there's no reason to keep this knowledge to myself.
My newest cosmetic love: Cargo eyeshadow in Yukon. I like Cargo eyeshadow. All are eyeshadows are definitely not created equal. As much fun as I had buying Bloom eyeshadow in violet once upon a time, it really was not a high quality shadow and it was so hard to put on. No wonder they just got discontinued. Of course, it goes without saying that MAC is high quality shadow. Both Edit and I use Honey Lust as our shade of gold. I have gotten many compliments on it. Then again, I'm really attractive. Still, I definitely recommend having both a gold and a silver shadow. (I use a cheap silver, and I only use it to line my upper lashes, but I love it, especially with a plummy lip gloss. I think mine's L'Oreal.) I generally don't recommend covering your lids in a bright color, but then again, I have blue eyes, so it's a lot tackier than when brown-eyed people do it. Debra Sapir had a lovely eye makeup job this past Shabbos in shades of red and green that I thought was from a NARS eye shadow duo but were actually MAC, and Lianna Wolfson lined her UPPER lashes with blue - I guess that's how it's done. It looked really good, anyway. I also believe in having a white cream shadow, but then, mine was just discontinued. (Also Bloom. I think the whole line is done with, along with Jessica Simpson's Dessert Beauty, which upon further inspection, is utterly disgusting.)
I don't think I even need to recommend a mascara. Everyone I know uses Maybelline Great Lash, which is fine, just bear in mind that mascara is supposed to be disposed of every 2-3 months! Especially if your eyes are easily infected, and those who've known me for a while KNOW that I fall into this category. However, the queen of all mascaras is DEFINITELY DiorShow, which my future sister-in-law Alana has kindly purchased for me in honor of my 21st B-day. As for eyeliner - Sephora sells every color in small $4 pencils, just buy a good black of whatever brand (I like Lorac and I passed it onto HLSG as well) and then you can switch up your look with cheap Sephora pencils. I have one in white which looks interesting when used to line the insides of your eyes. Here I must pay homage to the queen of white eyeliner, Mrs. Laura Karla Wolf, nee Altman.
I have refallen in love with my cream blush. Unfortunately, the brand, Alchemy, no longer exists, so I don't know what I'd recommend as far as cream blush goes. I have the well-reviewed Becca cream blush in Frangipani and frankly, I'm not all that impressed. For powder blush, I've found none better than Mosaic Spice (I like mosaic blushes - makes you feel like you can't go wrong with the color) by Victoria's Secret, only $17.50. Of course, NARS Orgasm is supposedly the best right now but I'm not that impressed. I do like Benefit Dandelion but it's very light. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON BENEFIT GEORGIA. It just doesn't look like anything. I'm very curious about Benefit Dallas though. Has anyone tried it?
I am not particularly attached to my bronzer. I know that people who have MAC bronzer think it's the greatest thing on earth. I use Cargo, it's fine. I do like my foundation though - Bourjois Happy Light. Bourjois also makes my wonderfully sparkly lavendar eyeshadow. Oh how I love Bourjois eye shadow. But only the loose kind! The pressed ones look so...yuck.
And now, onto my favorite - lip gloss. If you don't already have a lip glass, you must get one, and may I say, DKNY Be Delicious Lip Glass is amazing. If you don't believe me, ask HLSG. That is number one on the must list, along with whatever Stila Lip Glaze looks good on you, and there MUST be at least one. There are a ton of them, and they're yummy, though expensive at 20 bucks each. NARS also makes good lip gloss - I especially like lip lacquer, even though it's kind of sticky. I just feel like it has really good staying power. Lancome Juicy Tubes are always good and a little bit less expensive...man I have way too many lip glosses over 15 bucks. If all you want is lip balm, the Tarte slide tins are supposed to be really good. I personally registered for a set for my b-day, which is funny because Lizzie once asked me about them a while ago and I didn't know anything about them and then suddenly they started winning awards. I can't think of any other lip gloss I would go out of my way to recommend. I DON'T like Pout, at least not in dark colors - BAD coverage. OH what am I thinking?? I realize that I pretty much sound like a Cargo spokeswoman at this point, but I swear, their lip gloss is awesome, though definitely much better when applied by a brush. I have like five of them, but I definitely get the most use out of the mauvy nude in Baj Baj and the plummy shade in Bora Bora, though the pink shade in Ipanema is really fun, and it comes with gold, which is good for the lip plumping trick. (Drawing in upside down T in gold gloss on top of your other gloss.)
OK, I have just bored the hell out of all of you but really that made me feel so much better. Also, it's not my birthday yet, so please no one else IM me after midnight, proud of themselves that they were one of the first ones to ring it in. (There, Etan, now that you officially got a shout out, you can read my blog.)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home