Sunday, September 09, 2007

The Summer in Review

Hmm, it hasn't actually been as long since my last post as the constant griping would have me believe...anyway, it's nearing the official fall season, so in order to catch up, here's the summer in review:

1. I got married. I think it's fair that I consider this the most important event of the summer, although yes, I am biased. Thoughts on my wedding: I had a really good time, despite feeling incredibly ill pretty much from start to finish. I didn't love my dress, and I don't love the way I look in pictures, and upon review, I don't really care for my lip gloss, but I think my husband looks excellent in tails, and I feel extremely validated (and totally superior) about my bridesmaid color choice because I thought all of my bridesmaids (and the mothers) looked fantastic, and while I know that they all bitched and moaned about the color and thought I was a horrendous person for choosing purple, I got a ridiculous number of compliments, including the rarest one of all: "Usually, at a wedding, there's that one nebby bridesmaid who doesn't look as good as the rest, and you feel really bad for her. You didn't have any of those." To all the naysayers (even if you're still staying nay because you still don't like how it came out) I say "Ha." I loved my chuppah, which was made by my very talented mother-in-law, the weather was fabulous, and I didn't eat much, but I did enjoy the food in the yichud room. The schtick was amazing (major shoutout to Lea Lowenfeld for Azriella Bean, Quisch, and the others), the dancing was crazy, the music was great, and even though I dislike hydrangeas, I loved the way the room looked. All in all, I'd say I was a satisfied customer.

2. I have a niece! Julia Eve is wonderful and getting huge - she's got a belly and cheeks that won't quit, and it's fantastic. Now my sister-in-law is expecting - that's all I'll say about it, since they're pretty superstitious, but needless to say, I'm ridiculous excited to have another niecephew.

3. I got a job. I'm now an editorial assistant, or more accurately assistant to the editorial director the of the Pocket Books imprint, at Simon & Schuster, i.e. the number one job I wanted. The coworkers are great, I've already amassed quite the book collection, and I work three blocks away from Yoni. Doesn't get much better than that, except that the job runs me totally ragged, I haven't yet told them about Shabbos, and I get out closer to six than five. But at least it is definitely never boring.

4. Tani and Goldie got married, and we went to Atlanta. Lots of fun, great aufruf (where Yoni got to reprise his role as gabbai!), and great wedding, plus Yoni and I went to the Coke factory which was lots of fun - they've got some crazy crazy flavors, and I have a brave, brave husband.

5. Barrie and Jon got engaged! But I think I already mentioned that earlier in the blog. Still, exciting, and definitely worthy of another mention. Hooray!

K, Yoni's back and we're gonna eat dinner before he heads out to slichot b/c he's super frum like that, but am I all caught up? Yes? Fairly? OK cool, because I have lots to say about the upcoming reunion...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home