The Real OC
They've started showing Laguna Beach marathons on The N, aka my favorite teenybopper network, and I've started watching it, and you know what's so great about it? Nothing makes me appreciate my friends like listening to a half hour of asinine, meaningless dialog between a bunch of bleached, faux-tanned teenagers who pass each other around like needles on Christopher Street.
The interesting thing is that I've discovered that I actually like LC. Watching The Hills, I, understandably thought that she was simply kinda vapid, but you know what? She's classy. Seriously. She's not slutty, she doesn't bang and tell, she doesn't dance on poles, she doesn't get plastered, she doesn't go out every night...Granted, I'm not sure I'd like to hear her espouse on the situation in the Middle East, but frankly, I don't really want to hear Larry King talk about it either. (Or anyone else who's not Steven Colbert.)
Also, if the camera adds ten pounds, then Stephen serious needs to eat a sandwich.
And, on a totally unrelated note, my best friend got engaged tonight to her boyfriend of six years, making them the only couple from my high school class to "make it." (And by that I mean last, not in the "fifties euphemism for having sex" kind of way.) Of course, that's not why it's so exciting, but it's nice, knowing you're marrying someone who's shared so much with you from back in the day, and that you can tell your kids you were the ever-unusual "high school sweethearts." Anyway, MAZEL TOV BARRIE AND JON!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home