And the Sky Was Made of Amethyst
I'm currently downloading the entire "Live Through This" album by Hole. I owned this album once upon a time, but I lost it. Twice, I lost a whole bunch of CDs, which is highly unlike me. Once, it was on the bus that took my family across the Israeli-Jordanian border when I went to Jerash, Amman, and Petra in '99. At least that makes for a cool story. The only CD I had left was the Beastie Boys' "Licensed to Ill", which is a great CD, made even better by the special connection I now have to it for surviving the trip.
But I digress. I hate Courtney Love. She's trash. Even if she didn't kill Kurt Cobain, and I don't think she did, even if Nick Broomfield's "Kurt and Courtney" is absurdly persuasive, I really could've killed her for fighting over the rights to the Nirvana songs with the surviving band members. Even if Krist Novoselic is Croatian, 6'7", and kinda weird, he's still more a member of Nirvana then you ever were, bitch. Um, maybe because you were NEVER IN THE BAND.
Whatever, regardless, this is a great album. Which kind of makes me hope that the rumors are true that Kurt Cobain wrote it, even if I don't think they are. Now why is it that a self-respectless kinderwhore-styled piece of white trash like Courtney Love could make something so great that I would actually pay $6.99 to download it from iTunes even though I hate her? I think that's what they mean when they say life's not fair.
Well, fair or not, Courtney Love's life officially has a purpose. She has something to look back on, an achievement to be proud of. Unfortunately, Frances Bean isn't much of a hottie right now - it's not such a great thing to look exactly like your dad when you don't have a Y-chromosome - but whatever, a kid's a kid, and a CD (or three) is a CD (or three). Right now, Courtney Love's got more than I got. And I never even flashed anyone on national TV. Seriously, what's wrong with the world?
At what point do we become satisfied that we've achieved something in life? When we get married? When we have kids? When we publish something? When we save a life? When we've learned the Bible cover to cover? When's it enough? Is it ever?
Does writing a blog count?


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home