Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Music Makes the People Come Together

So you know that whole thing about how people are obsessed with iPods b/c we watch so much TV and movies that we relish the idea of having soundtracks to our lives? I love that. Right now, the song on heaviest rotation on my iPod, Lola, is Yo-Ya, by Kaveret. That's right - Yo-Ya, that song we used to dance to in sixth grade. Of course, listening to it approximately four times in a row as I walk to Russian class every morning makes me miss Israel even more, and while I've never been one of those people who planned on making Aliyah and living in poverty, something inside me actually gets nauseous and homesick when something strikes just the right Israel-loving cord in me. (Shout out to Ali for buying me the candle that I swear smells just like my apartment in Netanya!)

Speaking of buying, I don't know WHEN I became such a shopping addict but something's gotta give. The official tally for this past week, week-and-a-half? Five skirts, two sweaters, two tank tops, one "underthing", two jewelry boxes, a lip gloss, a lip pencil, an eyeshadow, and a handbag made entirely of candy wrappers, which I will take a picture of and post at some point because I tell you, it's the greatest thing in the whole world, even if SOME people think it was a grotesque waste of money.

Not to mention various other expenses, though last night was definitely worth it. Yoni, Rebecca, Raphi (that's right) and I took Sasha out to dinner at Makor, where are waitress was none other than...Nora Gross! Now THAT was a blast from the past, for EVERYONE. (For those not in the know, Nora, Avi Flombaum, and I were attached by the ass in 7th grade. We even had nicknames - Moody, Fruity, and Baldy. Guess which one was me? She also went to Massad with Raphi.) I guess it probably didn't mean that much to Yoni, but that's OK because Yoni's brother and sister-in-law were there with some random chick so that was pretty frickin weird too. Ah, and I finally got a present off my Amazon registry! Hooray for Sasha, for purchasing 1,000 Things to Do Before You Die.

OK I just forgot that I was in the middle of a blog for the last four hours and now I'm watching the series finale of Frasier and crying so that's all for now. Oh man do I love Frasier...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home