Thursday, January 26, 2006

Midnight Madness

I am now twenty-two years old. What the hell is that? Whoever sat around and thought about life at 22 when they were little? No one, that's who, because no one dreams of any time after 21. Least of all me. However, I'm already there, and so I guess I'd better start thinking of life after 22 in fond terms.

At least I got off to a good start. Despite some of my nearest and dearest being abroad, I got two calls when it was officially my b-day "London time" and another around 12 from a beloved friend I like to call "precious", but whose name is actually Naf and who's currently in Israel for the semester. So it was a little sad to physically ring in the day without them, but I DID have my wonderful roommate and boyfriend, not to mention my two favorite upstairs neighbors, Josh and Raphi, who even dressed up for the occasion, and came bearing cake (complete with nearly perfectly printed Russian, done by my considerably non-Russian roomie in a most impressive fashion) and a gift...from Sephora! That's right - Raphi actually tucked his balls away and went to Sephora to buy me a present. Is that love, or is that love? Or is that making up for years of fat/slut jokes...well, who really knows anyway. But thank you Raphi, I truly appreciate it.

I also have an abundance of wonderful pictures of the event, which also included two members of the now defunct Weinstein Birthday Brigade (I'm sure Mechi, Dave, and Hannah were all there in spirit) - a birthday just isn't a birthday without Debbie and Ali (and especially without Debbie missing the bigger birthday party! I hope your grandparents appreciate what you're giving up!) And eventually, even my sexy suitemate Sarah graced us with her presence - she's the chick in the shorts in the pics. I hope you're paying attention, guys. She's a wildcat.

All in all, t'was a lovely night, and now it's almost 2:30 AM and I have to go to sleep so I can wake up early and work on my birthday. Woohoo! Thanks to all who made it a fabulous evening, from the party to the presents (including the early ones, Yoni, Becca, and Alana!) to the phone calls to the text messages to the IMs to the Facebook-wall-postings, and even all the well-wishing (and life-fearing) messages on the e-vite. OH and a special thanks to Facebook for wishing me a happy birthday - that's new!

So there you have a summary of my first two and a half hours as a 22-year-old. I hope you found it as magical as I did, but probably not. Love to all, and happy birthday to me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home