Sunday, February 05, 2006

To Err is Human

"To err is human, to forgive divine." No argument on the second part, which isn't to say I'm taking up issue with the first part, but as everyone graduates and gets married and gets real jobs and has babies and I realize how quickly life is passing, I think that maybe we don't have as much time to err as we'd like. Of course, you can take lessons from everything and nothing is for naught, but take for example a relationship that isn't really going anywhere: you spend all that time, and by the time you're ready to really look, a) you may be in a place where it's not as easy to find someone, b) you've now dated for too long and anyone who was ever friends with your significant other is off limits, and c) you're older than you would've liked to be by the time you get engaged, get married, have kids, whatever.

Or maybe time passing only really freaks me out. It's really been getting to me lately. I know I enjoy making wedding plans and tables and everything but as "7.1.07" (the fake wedding date made up by NOAM, not ME) nears, I can't help but freak out and maybe even get a little nauseous. Knowing when you're in love? Check. Knowing when you're ready to settle down? A little freakier. Which isn't to say I'd be off having fascinating life adventures, but I like to think I could. I like to think I could travel the world and have an affair with some Italian Count a la Lila Fowler in Sweet Valley University and be a groupie for some rock band and Lord only knows what else. Then again, I guess I'd be equally likely whether I was married or not. At least Yoni speaks Italian!

Otherwise, nothing to interesting in the life of Dahlia Adler. Oh! Kind of a lie - I got my bridesmaid dress for my brother's wedding today! It's sooo nice, though still unclear how I'm gonna make it tznius enough to be wearable, but still exciting! You can check it out if you copy and paste http://www.billlevkoff.com/collections/index.asp?dress=902 I also got an insane pair of green shoes with rhinestones and gold embroidery, which I wore as the Rolling Stones performed Satisfaction at halftime, because he was so sparkly and I wanted to be one with him. Also, Yoni and I got fried chicken, which was AWWWWWEEEESSSOOOMMMEEE. OK, that's all I have to say. Congrats Steelers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home