Ugly Baby Judges You
OK, so it's not Ugly Baby judging you - it's me. And that line is from Friends, in case you were wondering (and have never seen it on one of my "I'm watching Friends" away messages.) Well, not you, actually, unless you're someone I only know from one of my classes, but boy do I love reading people's Facebook profile and deciding that their taste in music is utterly lame, or that it's really weird that majority of their favorite movies come from 2005-2006. (I mean, come on. Go rent a Kevin Spacey movie and pick up a New Pornographers CD - you'll thank me in the morning.) It really makes me feel better about myself, especially when I find someone intimidating, and then they have John Mayer in their favorite music.
Speaking of ridiculous insecurity, I managed to turn my office hours with my poetry teacher today into a half hour therapy session, which was cool, cuz it was free, but not cool, because she didn't have pills. Oh, and also because SHE'S MY POETRY TEACHER AND SHE DOESN'T CARE ABOUT MY RELATIONSHIP WITH MY PARENTS or whatever. Not that my relationship with my parents is bad, it was a contextual thing....No No, the fam is good, the wedding is coming, and oh right, my dress is totally not done. Maybe I can just safety pin on some sleeves.
Tomorrow promises to be even more exciting - I have a judiciary hearing in my dorm. What the hell, you say? Well, to make a long story short, I went on the roof, which is verboten, but there wasn't really a way to know that since it's not posted anywhere and the stop in our window has been broken since before we got there (presumably intentionally by previous tenants, since when I went out there, there were about a million cigarette butts in the corner). So, they bitches in the room next door saw me and told the security guard, and first an RA came up, then he came back with THREE security guards (which was especially funny because one of them was Demos, the legendarily wonderful guard at Greenwich Hotel, where my roommate, Dena, and I lived Sophomore year, who gave us both huge hugs when he saw us), and then the next day MY RA came, and THEN I got an e-mail that I have a hearing. I'm sure my grammar dropped out of this sentence somewhere, but try to follow. Anyway, presumably the girl thought I was going to throw myself off the roof, this being NYU and all, but I let's just say that it would've been nice if she would've tried convincing me to come back from the edge rather than taking the time to get an RA.
So anyway, I mentioned the hearing to my boss at Maxim, and she, like me, thought it was hysterical, and was really nice about my having to go back to the dorm for it. And then - wonder of wonders - she called me tonight to tell me that I didn't have to come in tomorrow until after the hearing, even though it's not until one, because they're pretty much gonna be out all day and it would've been really slow. Have I mentioned how much I like my boss? So I get to sleep late, and then defend my right to be the world's oldest dorm tenant.
Don't worry, I'll let you know how it goes. Also, I SUCK at Russian. Just saying. Spakoyne Noche!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home