Monday, June 12, 2006

The Summer of Dahlia

I am not doing anything this summer. I refuse to apologize for it. I refuse to feel bad about it. Only, it's a little hard when everyone else seems to expect me to feel bad about it. To be fair, I applied to a ton of places, even Sephora, but somehow they just weren't attracted to someone who couldn't work Saturdays and had no retail experience. I've decided that I'm officially freelancing this summer, i.e. finally finishing that young marriage article and editing the article on college students whose parents have critical illnesses and actually sending them in somewhere, even though I have no idea what publication would be interested in an article on why Jews get married young. Somehow it just doesn't seem like Maxim's thing. And speaking of Maxim, can someone PLEASE explain to me how Eva Longoria came in #1 of the Maxim top 100 for the second year in a row? WTF, mate?

So I spend a lot of time sitting around, but it's been nice to get some things done. For one, I got my permit! (For the second time.) I've also seen the lovely Melissa (which I highly recommend to anyone who hasn't seen her in a while - she looks fabulous), the ever-cosmopolitan and newly-nose-ring-sporting Ricki, who recently returned from a semester abroad in India and can now greet me in Hindi (Namaste!), the super-magnanimous Lea who is going on a family vacation to New Orleans to help Katrina victims before going to Rwanda for three weeks to start up a birthing clinic with her mom (seriously, you can't make stuff like this up), and of course, I went on a two day couples vacation to Lake George, which, if ever repeated, must be done in the sunshine. Of course, the guys ditched the girls to play golf, and let me tell you, the Aviation Mall in Queensbury, NY is not the Westchester - we were dying, seriously dying. But we did manage to grill in the rain and dispose of all the evidence, AND go to Target 4 times, and so I call the trip a success.

Basically, my life is pretty damn boring right now, which makes for a boring blog - my apologies. Clearly, my friends are having much more exciting lives than I right now (see above), or at least they're moving into new stages of life (Ratio of friends graduating/getting married/getting jobs/going to law or med or dental school to friends who are just becoming juniors or seniors in college? Nauseating. The most excitment I've had in my life lately is waiting for the new season of Entourage to arrive, and even that turned out to be a huge disappointment. (Way too much Gold family anger, not enough Eric and Sloan, and for some reason, it really bothers me when Lloyd calls Drama "Johnny Drama." Not to mention that the plot was stupid.) Still, I am so excited for this season...not to mention counting down the days until the Degrassi Season 6 premiere in September. I can not WAIT.

My only fear about being such a lazyass this summer is that it's making me dumber. Not only have I not been practicing Russian AT ALL, but I've actually watched several marathons of Yo Momma. And kind of enjoyed them. And sort of developed a crush on Wilmer Valderama. Yes, yes, I am appropriately ashamed, but I don't think it's on anymore. Actually, they've been bringing back my old fav recently. That's right - NEXT! (I once Nexted one of Edit's friends on sight, just like they do on the show - let me tell you, it felt awesome. I totally understand why people do that.) I watched it for at least an hour last night, and although I had already seen these episodes, it was still exciting, especially since they had one of my favorite lines: "Hi, I'm Kris, and this girl won't next me, but if she does, there's always her mother!"

Almost as good as "Hi, I'm Bobby, and I like boobs!" but not quite.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home