Monday, April 03, 2006

What's the Right Answer if There Isn't One?

Happy April everyone, hope everything's going well so far. I already had Marzipan rugelach and Pillsbury cookies so I'd say it's the best April in recent memory. Also, Yoni earned my eternal love by taping One Tree Hill for me so I could learn with Etan last Wednesday and I watched it today - it was the first of three times I cried at something on TV today. (Yes, that's what I do. The second was Sex and the City - the one where Miranda finds out she's pregnant and decides to keep it and Charlotte says "we're having a baby!" and the third was Frasier, when they were watching home videos and Martin drops his head when Hester is blowing kisses at him - never fails.) Anyway, I love One Tree Hill though I hate when people talk about how short life is. I don't want to think about it, and making rash decisions doesn't necessarily mean that the short life is going to go better.

Also a happy thing about this April - Barrie's home! Lord do I miss my London girls. (But Lizzie's coming home too - yay!) Barrie's b-day was Thursday night, and it was one hell of a Ramaz reunion - me, Barrie, Talia, Sasha, Krause, Avi, and Marc were all there, which was most of the guest list. Lots of reminiscing was done, good times were had by all, and I got to kick it with Avi like we were back in 8th grade - all that was missing was Leah Soss.

On a let's-pretend-it's-unrelated topic, I'm getting somewhat fed up with having to be the defender of young marriage. Look - I think it's as crazy as anyone else. I don't like the idea of people getting married before they can support themselves, and I don't understand why anyone would give up any part of their college experience. That said, if a couple decides they want to get married after two weeks, or they want to get married when they're 19, suck it up and deal already. Yeah, I was shocked the first ten times too, but eventually it gets to the point where you can criticize every time you hear about it, or you can just be happy for the people. If they're making a mistake - well, so be it. And yeah, it sucks because it feels unfair that other people are considered more serious couples because they're engaged while they've only known each other for five minutes and Yoni and I have been dating for two and a half years, and it sucks that other people get to bring their fiances to weddings when their fiances have never even met the couple and Yoni has met some of my friends repeatedly but still doesn't get to come with me or vice versa because "no ringy, no bringy." Hmm, what was I defending again?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home