Tangled Up in Ivy
Just got back from a fabulous weekend at the uber-prestigious Harvard. SUCH a fun weekend, even though it was totally the worst timing for both me and Talia (Kraemer, my gracious hostess) since she was wrapped up in Mock Trial and I had to run back on Sunday to do an interview for an article I'm writing for Manhattan South. Still, loads of fun, and Yoni went to Aaron and we had a great time, now that Aaron is thankfully done with his thesis and has shaved his thesis beard.
Also ended up seeing so many random ppl, which was great. Apparenty, Sarah Rindner (friend from Brovender's) is in Harvard for the semester so I spoke to her for a while about whether or not our year failed the expectations of the Ramim, and whether or not we care because their expectations are stupid. Rebecca Rohr was there, which makes sense, since she goes there, but that was cool b/c apparently she's the managing editor of Current magazine which doesn't distribute to NYU but does have a circulation of 200,000 nonetheless. (Though it pissed me off that they don't distribute to NYU - how can you NOT distribute to what is probably THE biggest undergrad journalism department? Snobs.) And then Saturday night, we went out to dinner (we being me, Yoni, Aaron, Talia, Raphi, Mia and Adrienne Winton, and their friend Mike) at Shalom Beijing and almost got killed by a Pu-Pu Platter gone wild, which was almost as weird as running into Jayme Herschkopf and Alicia Oltuski, though it was really nice to see them. I forgot how much I like Alicia (and Jayme of course, though I see Jayme more often so I have more consistent reminders of how much I like her!). Then, later, we went to a bar and I finally met the infamous Matt Garland and saw the dear Alex Glasser.
Anyway, I've got stuff to do (like post pictures from said weekend) so I'm off for now...


1 Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Post a Comment
<< Home