Can I Make Love to a Bookstore?
Everyone's pissing me off lately. I'm not sure why. OK, that's not entirely true - I can totally pick out certain things that piss me off. For example, don't use the line "I haven't seen you in forever!" more than once a month. And don't ever use it if when you do, you're just going to walk away again in two seconds. Also, don't fake-commit to plans. I can't stand when people are flaky. I think I've cancelled on plans all of once in my life. I've never really understood how you can say you're going to do something and then just not.
Anyway, that's just a little rant. I actually had a good day at work today. For one thing, they had a lunch meeting, so I was only there for 2 hours, and I finally got positive reinforcement, which is very key. They seemed to like me today, which is pretty rare for them.
My favorite part of the day, however, was being a total book-whore this morning. I LOVE going to Barnes & Noble in the mornings, which I now do about once a week, and looking through the books, picking out magazines, and sometimes even getting an iced coffee which invariably makes me nauseous ten minutes later. Today I really went through the books and oh God I just wanted everything...so many supposedly great books I've never read...just seeing Kundera's The Unbearable Lightness of Being right near Love in the Time of the Butterflies by Julia Alvarez right near another one of those "Twelve"-type books written by one of those teenage prodigy bitches right near Prep which was apparently a best seller...let's just say, my list of books to read actually multiplied in front of my eyes. I was practically drooling on the pages.
As for the rest of the day, tonight is THE NIGHT. You know - the night with the school-shooting episode of One Tree Hill. And someone dies. And I have no idea who. The gunman is obvious - I don't know why they're even trying to hide it - but WHO DIES??? Oh, and crazy fun fact for fellow lovers of 90210...John Sears=Dan Scott! Crazy, huh?


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home