Friday, February 17, 2006

Glossy Pages Are Not Enough

I have more magazines than I can read right now. Details, Magnet, Lucky, New York (both last week's with that article on polysexuality and teenagers and this week's Spring Fashion preview), Cargo (who can pass up a magazine with Jeremy Piven on the cover?), Vanity Fair (yes, the naked issue)...and I haven't even bought the new Glamour yet (I'm pretty sure I still get a subscription.) I don't know how there's always enough going on in life to fill all these magazines with different information...I find it utterly fascinating. SO MUCH happens in the world in a day, a month, a year - who can keep track of it all? So I collect magazines and hope that I'll eventually get it all down but who has time to sit and read them all, even if I can pass it off has homework for my Magazine Article class?

Of course, they're not always that different. I don't know why Jenny Lewis is suddenly all over the place but you can not open a magazine (or look at the cover!) without her showing up. Jenny Lewis and the Artic Monkeys...what is the deal? And Spin and Jane covering the EXACT SAME STORY on the Suicide Girls or whatever they're called last month - that was just weird. I wasn't even interested the first time, and by the time I got to it in Jane, I was ready to throw my magazine at the wall.

Uch. Jane. You just know that everyone at that magazine is so damn pretentious. (Laura Beth Graber, if you ever read this, try not to roll your eyes and then come over here and punch me in the face.) Admittedly, the number one reason I hate Jane is because they wrote an article on why smoking is good for you, and I don't care if Laurbelle thinks that's a dumb reason. Who the hell writes that article?

But I digress. Well, not really, since I never ended up talking about anything and just went on a magazine rant instead. OK, I think this one's over. Onto the next.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home