Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Houston, I Have a Problem

$130.

That's how much I spent at Sephora today. I have a problem. I wince at spending $10 on lunch in the Kosher Caf but I'm OK with buying matching lipsticks for me and my sister at $17 a pop because they're red and shiny and they were designed for Cargo by Courtney Cox. I wear mascara that costs more than my old roommate spent on a pair of boots. I have an entire plastic chest just full of lipgloss. I got five presents from Sephora on my birthday...because I registered for them.

I am a SeWhorea.

It really has to stop. As my suitemate Sarah pointed out tonight, Sephora must be so happy when I get a job. Something just makes me lose all concept of rationale when I walk into that black-and-white-striped makeup heaven. Today I actually went TWICE - once before work and once after. The people who work there actually stared at me for walking IN with a Sephora bag and buying MORE stuff. So sad.

OK, well I'll move off of my patheticness for a moment to discuss someone else's greatness. For all of you who watched the Gauntlet, I think we can all agree that there's only one thing to be said:

Kina, I love you.

That girl may be skinny but she has some crazy drive like I've never seen before. I'll admit - I wasn't sure she could take Cara down, but wow did she prove me wrong. I now have so much faith in her, I wish she was my life captain and not just captain of the Gauntlet rookies. The way she wrestled Cara, pulled at her clothing, tackled her to the floor, always managed to reach out her hand just far enough to get it into the safety zone, and never once got the wrong answer...I have never seen such grace and beauty. When she and Cara both walked slowly to the coconuts because neither of them knew the answer, and suddenly Kina leapt forward, grabbed it, dashed around Cara, and ran into the safety zone - pure poetry in motion. But nothing, and I mean NOTHING, could have made me love her more than the finish.

For those who did not see it, Cara was totally on her game, playing with near equal ferocity but unfortunately (well, not for Kina-fans) falling just short each time. Though Kina did eventually shut her out, no one can say it was not a valiant effort each round - that was some hardcore chick wrestling, a knock-down drag-out war, to borrow from Weezer. Anyway, Kina keeps JUST beating her and it's the last round and they're really going at it, and one of the guys, just as a total side comment, goes "who wants it more?" and suddenly, Kina yells "I DO, BITCH!" and she takes it home.

I thought I was going to cry.

I began the Gauntlet without knowing who I was rooting for, but after watching the Veterans stupidly send Beth against Ruthie ON THE VERY DAY SHE OUTPERFORMED EVERY CHICK ON HER TEAM, Alton compete like an Olympic athlete and admirably choose an event that gave Adam a shot in the gauntlet even though he sucks, and now Kina with the ferocious kill-anyone-who-stands-in-my-way drive of Queen Athaliah, I know who I'm hoping takes home the gold.

And, as a side point, I think it's totally adorable that MJ and Landon have matching XV tattoos. Just saying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home