Who the Hell are These People?
OK it's getting to the point where Shabbos is just awkward. Like I turn around during davening and I don't know a single name or face in the entire room. I really think they just bring in 50 new "freshmen" every week, just to mess with the upperclassmen. I don't want to be one of those upperclassmen who never stays for Shabbos, who stops feeling like NYU is home, but it's starting to seem unavoidable - a thought which kind of scares me. And don't you dare suggest that I become...ew, friends, ew...with the freshmen - that's just not going to happen.
What are the odds they'll all go away for Shabbos for 1000? What are the odds I will enjoy Shabbos for 1000? At least Sat. night is Raphi's b-day party. I have a feeling I'll be in the market for a drink or twelve by then.
On a completely unrelated note, I'm a little ashamed to say this, but I really really enjoy the OC Soundtracks. I think I want to own them. I downloaded a few songs and I rediscovered a love for the Eels. (Well, I love this one song from back in the day, Novocaine for the Soul, and then I downloaded some songs from the OC soundtrack and they included Saturday Morning, and then I made a radio station on Pandora out of the Eels and I discovered that I just really like them, and also I saw Cinnamon, by Dressy Bessy, which I couldn't stop singing yesterday.) I'm listening to those songs now, and I also discovered that I really like You Got Me All Wrong by Dios Malos, and a cover of Maybe I'm Amazed by Jem, (who you may know from such songs as Save Me and They, but as far as I know, is unaffiliated with the Holograms and has no boyfriend named Rio. But what do I know?) I also really liked two of the songs on Thursday's episode but I have no idea what they're called.
Anyway, today's excitement is finally getting to display my new bag in public. Yay!! Happy Housewarming, Mike! Yay parties, they make me happy. Okay, I'm off. Shavua Tov to all...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home