Friday, May 26, 2006

So I Didn't, So You Didn't

Cycles are maddening. Inevitable but maddening. If you are a bitch to me, I will end up being in a bad mood and bitching at someone else. If you do not speak to me about an issue, I won't speak to you about it either, which will make you continue not to speak to me about it. If you do not ask him why he's been so messed up lately, then you will not find out the answer. He will continue to think that you don't care because he's only being a jerk so that you will ask him why he's being a jerk. But you won't ask, because you don't want him to think you're being a jerk. And so it goes. And so they call it vicious.

Anyway, I stopped writing this blog because I figured that no one reads it anymore, but I guess no one reads it anymore because I stopped writing in it. I'm not sure why I stopped writing in it. I have things to say. I write them in my head as I'm walking down the street and I think "hey, I'll put that in the Daily Dahlia" but then I get too lazy, because I've already written it. I spend a lot of my life writing in my head. It's what keeps me from ever getting bored. Being a writer is a very self-entertaining thing.

As for my life...well, it's not as entertaining these days. I am jobless, and that will just about define a summer, now won't it? Not that I haven't been having fun, or doing some productive shopping - anyone going to Aliza Fessel's wedding on Monday will no doubt be entertained by the crazy dress I'm wearing - or talking to some people I haven't spoken to in a while (Ricki's back from India...and she speaks some Hindi!) but there is just something about not having a job. Maybe it's the "you are a lazy worthless slug" vibe that emanates from my parents, who knows?

But of course, it's summer, which means that it is a time for fun, sun, and lots 'o parties. Went to happy hour last night at BBQ to celebrate my precious Naf's return to the states from a semester in Israel and his crazy world travels (he's been to Istanbul so I hate him a little) with Jon and Lisa (who were oh so beautifully dressed in preparation for a night at the Philharmonic), Phil (who Naf sort of resembles now, what with the blond beard), and Etan and Laura. Then I watched Naf eat dinner, agonized at Sephora for a while, and went uptown to Jake's Dilemma to celebrate Noam Besdin's existence. (Slash his graduation slash his thesis writing slash his belated birthday slash GETTING INTO PENN LAW). T'was a very nice gathering, especially since I finally saw my beloved chavrusa Knightess (that's Nannette Herlands to those not in the know) and met her darling and tall boyfriend Wes (who looks earily like Matt Shapiro and made me miss 4ES a little bit.) I had a vodka and cranberry juice which means I had three sips of it and then nagged everyone else to finish it. Eric and Jen came too, which is always fun, and I showed Eric that I too have messed up thumbs and I really feel like we bonded. (For those of you who haven't seen my hitchhiker thumbs, apparently they're gross. Oops.) And I nagged Tani to come down but unfortunately I lost that battle.

He's graduated. The guy I've been such good friends with since we were 12 years old in Morasha has graduated. I can't handle it when I realize how far along in life my oldest friends are. Chaya Abelow - friends since we were 3 - just graduated and going to med school in the fall. Sara Winkler Markowitz - since 7 - married. Zehava Bloch - since 9 - engaged. Erin Wolkin - since 9 - graduated college and going to law school. Obviously everyone else has the same deal with their friends but I'm just saying, I think about it and it freaks me out.

Oh, also, I got very awesome new shoes yesterday. I think they deserve a mention.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home