Missing the Days When it was Redemption
So, I totally didn't realize how ridiculously soon Pesach is, and apparently I'm royally screwed. I even got threatened (strong word but I don't know how else to put it) that I may be subject to a lower grade. Fab. The only consolation is that a week from tomorrow, I'll be in Orlando. Is it weird that I'm looking forward to chillin with the parents.
However, I do like the assignment we had in class today. We read a poem that was made entirely of lines, phrases, and words from three works of literature, and then we had to write our own using three things he handed out to us - a car ad, a piece of text, and an article about Imelda Marcos, shoe goddess of the world. We had like five minutes to do it and then we all read ours aloud.
Otherwise, the day was pretty average, although I did enjoy my lunch. I sat down with Debbie (Bernstein) and Tamara (Wenig) joined us a little while later and I ended up interviewing them for my final article about people who get married in college and it ended up being this whole debate/discussion including Bradley Hercman and Ali (Rosenbaum) soon after...I'm not sure how I'm going to craft this article but it's definitely been fun to do the research for. If anyone else has anything they'd like to say on the subject, feel free to let me know!
That's all for now - it was a considerably unexciting day. Gilmore Girls wasn't even that good, I missed every performance on American Idol, but I do love House and I think I'm officially a Michelle Trachtenberg fan. Oh, and in case you're wondering (though I'm sure you're not), here's what I ended up with for the poetry assignment:
The newest generation showed an
icy indifference - jewels made of plastic.
Every word uttered still seeming to
exert a world of true beauty;
Worst-worst-worst, an orchestral motif.
Fruits of corruption an altogether striking presence.
Her relentless minnd alone could understand
what I was feeling. The outside world
moves, she said. This is garbage,
she said, to be certain.
After an accident, it's beautiful,
and beauty is God made real.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home