Thursday, April 10, 2008

Listicles

After a brief hiatus where I found everything on the site boring, overly snarky, and painfully stupid, I've returned to the wonder of Gawker. Admittedly, what really sucked me back in was their coverage of the Sweet Valley High reissues Random House is publishing with some insipid Gawker F-list celebrity on the cover. (Leven Rambin, anyone? No? Does anyone actually know who Julia Allison is? God, Gawker makes me angry.)

Anyway, yesterday they mentioned listicles, and I was jealous because I wanted to write a listicle, but I'm not focused enough to really sit down and write comprehensive top 50s or whatever, so instead, a selection of Top 5 Lists for my enjoyment:

Top Five Greatest Casting Choices of All Time (Not necessarily because they're such great actors but because they SO embody what you imagine the character to be. Also, title characters on shows don't count. But if they did, Kristen Bell as Veronica Mars and Kelsey Grammar as Frasier would totally be my one and two.)
1. Luke Perry as Dylan McKay--he was 30, losing his hair, and you STILL thought he was the coolest guy in high school
2. Rainn Wilson as Dwight Schrute
3. Adam Brody as Seth Cohen
4. Blake Lively as Serena van der Woodsen
5. Amanda Seyfried as Lilly Kane

Top Five Favorite TV Characters of All Time
1. Veronica Mars
2. Niles Crane
3. Nina van Horn
4. Jim Halpert
5. Logan Echolls

Top Five Books I Never Read But Wish I Could Say I Had
1. Ulysses
2. Anything by Faulkner
3. War and Rememberance
4. The Scarlet Letter
5. The World According to Garp

Top Five Things You Totally Think I've Seen But I Haven't
1. Dumb and Dumber
2. Sleeping Beauty
3. Les Miserables
4. Any episode of Lost or 24
5. Millionaire Matchmaker. Apparently.

Top Five Greatest Teaching Tools of Childhood
1. Where in the World is Carmen San Diego?
2. My Hebrew-English picture dictionary
3. Sesame Street
4. Geosafari
5. Judy Blume

Top Five Places I'll Automatically Think You're Cool if You've Been to
1. Iceland
2. Morocco
3. Norway
4. Cambodia
5. Brazil (Yes, even Josh Kirstein)

Top Five Singers/Bands I Totally Thought Were Cool When I was Little
1. Bon Jovi
2. Michael Jackson
3. Aerosmith (Still do)
4. Madonna
5. Uncle Moishy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home