Still It
So, having a particularly boring day today, I did what we all pretend we don't but I've already copped to in this blog and Googled myself. And for the first time, I FOUND ANOTHER DAHLIA ADLER. I always worry that this is going to happen. I have a memory of being in the Trachtmans' pool and saying once that I was positive that I was the only Dahlia Adler in the world, and I've always worried that one day I would turn out to be wrong. But apparently, according to the little abstract that showed up on Google, there's a sixth-grader out there named Dahlia Adler. I mean sure, I came first, but I thought I was IT.
So naturally, I clicked on the link. Turns out, nope, none others. Daily News simply started archiving their articles, and evidently, thirteen years ago, I let myself be interviewed about Sukkos. Also, I was a way better person then.
http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/ny_local/1995/10/15/1995-10-15_succoth_recalls_wandering.html
This was a great comfort, I tell you. Except for the fact that now, I have to worry about things from my pre-adolescence turning up on the Internet. Fortunately, I never went through an extremely bitchy, insecure, death-metal loving, everyone-hating phase in which everyone thinks I wore all black and wanted to kill myself.
Fortunately.


1 Comments:
Creepy how your past came lurching up at you through the magic of the Interweb machine. I hope I didn't give any pre-adolescent interviews to some bitch back in the day....
I googled myself after reading this & I came up on your blog from a while back! Awesome.
Spoolia.
Post a Comment
<< Home