Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Philaphobia

My goal for the year is to transport my Philaphobia into Philaphilia, and so far, there are definitely a few things helping that transition along. Let's just say it--and I don't mean this in a traitorous fashion, as I'm definitely grateful for Supersol, overpriced bastion of obscure kosher items as it was--Kosher grocery shopping is just better here. Or, at least, in Cherry Hill. But whatever, that's as good as here. And it's awesome. Oh man, is it awesome. And conveniently located next to some decently crappy Chinese food. How can you beat that? The answer is, you can't.

And OK, so Comcast sucks, but so far our Internet, phone, and cable are all still working, so there's something to be grateful for, right? And our apartment, with its frighteningly high ceilings, is nearing the cardboard box-free point. Whee!

But most importantly, I took the bus today! That's right, I paid my two bucks (they take bills!) and hauled ass onto the Septa to meet Stef in what I can't help but think of as downtown but actually when the numbers go down here, it means you're going east. And it kinda sucked, being in tons of traffic and all, but it meant that YES, I can actually get places without the driver's license I don't have (and YES, I plan on getting!) Also, I passed by Sephora (on Chestnut between 17th and 18th, in case you were wondering) and it was glorious, even though I can no longer afford a thing inside.

So will I survive? Perhaps. But I still need visitors.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home