Friday, April 18, 2008

White Eyeliner Recon

So, in honor of Sasha's beloved Sephora Spy (yes, of course she reads Jezebel) and my addiction for all things makeup, Ms. Sterbian and I went on a white eyeliner recon mission at Sephora yesterday. Now, I've gone through a white eyeliner phase before, but I found Sephora's offerings considerably lacking. At the time, the only ones I could find were the Sephora brand (too small, frighteningly cheap), Stila Kajal liner (too rough), and Benefit's Mr. Frosty (too crappy and expensive). However, this time around, we found much better offerings. We both ended up with Make Up For Ever's white eyeliner, having judged that the one from the same brand's Aqua line was too flaky and Urban Decay's 24/7 Yeyo broke when Sasha tried to put it on, so that took that out of the running. All in all, I think we're pretty happy with the results.

Also an awesome discovery during the recon mission? All Laura Geller's multicolored face powders. I already mentioned my newly purchased and beloved Fair & Balanced powder, but she has some excellent, excellent swirly brown and pink powders that give a great, natural tan look. Sasha bought one. I felt bad spending more money on makeup. I'm jealous.

Also, I'd like to thank both Sasha and Liz for being excellent Sephora sports and letting me put makeup on both of them, even when it didn't all come off with remover afterwards. When we all get back from Pesach, I expect people to start allowing me to give them makeovers on a regular basis...

And totally unrelated, to add to the list of things that confuse/madden me, we have:

The Failure of Veronica Mars. No, this is not the usual "great shows shouldn't go off the air, especially when they're only going to be replaced by crap" rant. My problem now? Rob Thomas, the creator and general heart and soul of Veronica Mars, is pretty much the most coveted producer in TV right now, so much so that he just dropped out of doing the new 90210 (which sounds awful, by the way) because he's got too much on his plate since everyone wants him. And then there's Kristen Bell, who's become a huge star, has a highly anticipated movie coming out, and is now starring in Heroes. So what was your problem with the show exactly, America? Probably not the other actors, since they're all on other popular TV shows. Probably not the writing, since it was awesome. L.A.M.E.

Chag kasher v'sameach to all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home