Los Presidentes
Whatever happened to getting of for Presidents Day? Aren't universities supposed to do that? Shouldn't I be able to frolic willy-nilly on Monday because Lincoln and Washington were born in the same month, or whatever. What the hell, man? What the hell.
Oh well. Still have high hopes for weekend fun and excitement because Tani and Goldie are coming!! Whee!!! Also, HLSG is going to Lea, so it's a super fun-filled weekend o' visitors, for which I am greatly excited, especially because I only ever leave the house when visitors come. (Thanks, Liz, for making me drag my ass to the historical district and finally going to Independence Hall for the first time since 7th grade!) So what's on the agenda? Probably going to the museum of medical anomalies, AKA Mutter. What can I say? Tani's got sick interests. This is not news.
I, of course, am exhausted out of my mind, and everyone I've seen this week has taken care to point out that my face reflects it. (OK, just my boss and my Russian teacher, but still, it hurts.) Staying up until 2 a.m. to cook does not count. It also does not allow for cleaning time, so my apartment is currently disgusting. Yay! Also, I totally forgot about Tu B'Shvat this week, so instead of doing a cute Tu B'Shvat themed meal, it's leaning a little more in the Valentine's Day direction, but hey, who doesn't love strawberry shortcake and red velvet cupcakes?
This is it though--our last weekend of hosting out of town guests for months. Crazy me, I went through a 2009 calendar and figured out every weekend we can have guests, based on when we're planning on going into NY at some point that weekend, when Yoni has finals, and when we're already booked, and I came out with only 16 weekends left out of 52. (Then Boim booked July 11th for her triathalon weekend.) Craziness, no? Time fliiiiiies.
Also still trying to figure out how I can work a trip to Charleston and Savannah in there, since, thanks to the slew of weekend holidays, I actually have some extra days this year. I had the brilliant idea of Memorial Day week, since it's one less day I'd have to take off, but nope--there's Shavuos! Blech.
Actually, our next excitment is March 10, which doubles as both Purim and our court date for the car accident, so, you know, big day. Perhaps we'll save the whole Ad d'lo Yada thing until next year?


2 Comments:
Wasn't NYU also notorious for NOT giving holidays off? Thankfully UCB has Monday off, though in practice it only means that I don't have to go to lecture for the course I'm TAing.
I can't believe you still haven't been to independence hall (again...)
Also, I believe my parents took me to Charleston.Savannah when I was young, and I loved it. They're beautiful cities...
Phil
Being off is great! It's why I'm here now leaving this comment on your blog using your computer while watching your tv and sitting on your couch!
Post a Comment
<< Home