Happy Horrordays, Jessica
Tis the season!
I love Christmas. Christmas rules. There are great sales, people are nicer, and Sephora makes excellent gift sets. I love Christmas lights, wreaths, and decorations, and I love all of the "limited edition" flavors of things like Peppermint Bark Ghiradelli Chocolates and Gingerbread Spice Celestial Seasonings Tea. If it wasn't for that whole Jesus thing, I would be the greatest Christmas devotee ever.
Of course, come Christmas, come Chanukah, and gift buying, and discovering just how impossible people are to shop for. When we're kids, and don't have our own money, and are easily pleased by just about everything, it is so much ridiculously easier. But now we buy the stuff we want, not every fun little thing fits into our wardrobe our or thematically decorated "traditional" or "modern" apartments, and we've outgrown fun shopping categories like "toys" and replaced them with adult things like "cookware."
Of course, I find myself incredibly easy to shop for: if it comes from Sephora, resembles a martini, contains colored glass, or grants access to new kosher recipes, I'm all over it. But Jeez, some people are impossible. And by some people, I mean entire family of in-laws, who I find to be the hardest-to-shop-for people EVER. What do you give to happy, non-materialistic people who aren't addicted to shopping or makeup, have the good sense to get books from the library instead of buying them, and already cook way more interesting stuff than I ever will?
No, seriously, I'm totally open to suggestions.
Anyway, hope everyone else is having more luck with their gift-buying, if anyone really does that anymore, and happy holidays!
Also, in case you're wondering, the title is from Sweet Valley High book #100, The Evil Twin, when murderous Margo, who resembles the Wakefield twins exactly but for her coal black hair and dead gray eyes, stalks the twins and eventually attempts to murder one of them in order to adopt her identity. Excellent, excellent book.


1 Comments:
I'm kind of with you on the christmas thing...but the jesusyness of it all gets to me. Also, Santa Claus is completely absurd.
Maybe they'd dig something sentimental? I dunno...I love things that make noise, does that help?
Happy Holidays! (I'm so p.c.)
Post a Comment
<< Home