101 Things in 1001 Days
So, you know how every now and again you stumble on someone totally random's blog and it's really weird? Well, lately, I've done that a few times, and mostly, they suck, but I found this one someone's and thought it was stupid, and then not so stupid, and then something I wanted to emulate. (All of this happened in the span of 1.5 minutes.) Anyway, as the name suggests, you make a list of 101 goals to accomplish in 1001 days, and then, you know, accomplish them.
Now, for all the list-making I do and have done, I haven't really been particularly goal-oriented about it. I'm just not so into that stuff, and it seems like a lot of pressure. BUT, I am often bored, and I definitely don't have enough going on to keep up a blog, so my thinking here is that if I at least note when I accomplish said goals, then I will always have stuff to write about. And so, I bring you:
Dahlia's 101 Things in 1001 Days
1. Get a license
2. Become an Assistant Editor in a publishing house
3. Go to Russia
4. Buy cobalt blue eye shadow
5. Go to the gym at least three times in one week
6. Successfully make some sort of souffle
7. Take a French class
8. Go to Charleston and Savannah
9. Go kayaking
10. Become a starred commenter on Gawker
11. Get something resembling a tan while wearing sunblock
12. Get a 2-bedroom apartment
13. Take a ridiculous amount of pictures of my future niece/nephew
14. Agree on a baby name (and maybe have a baby, we'll see)
15. Successfully cook Indian food
16. Watch How I Met Your Mother from start to finish
17. Put all my CDs onto my iPod
18. Finish off my Sweet Valley collection
19. Read something by Edith Wharton
20. Go to Morocco
21. Get a literary agent
22. Visit the Museum of Television and Radio
23. Not go a month without writing a post on at least one of my blogs
24. Rewatch The Godfather and then watch The Godfather: Part II
25. Go to a hockey game
26. Get the stuff off my dead laptop
27. Visit the Philadelphia Museum of Art
28. Go to Gettysburg for Memorial Day
29. Go on vacation with other people
30. Successfully set up a couple
31. Commission a painting by Goldie Robinson
32. Win a caption contest on Gawker
33. Win a Micro-Fiction contest on Wordsmoker that has more than ten entries
34. Actually finish learning every single capital of every single country
35. Read The Satanic Verses
36. Watch Mad Men from start to finish
37. Take the train somewhere farther than Boston or DC
38. Buy some item of Veronica Mars paraphernalia
39. Get an article published
40. Learn the capital of every province in Canada
41. Stop in Amsterdam on the way to somewhere else
42. Appear in the acknowledgments of another book
43. Try a fruit I've never had before
44. Make a yerushalmi kugel
45. Buy Weezer's Red Album, The Decembrists "Picaresque," and Aerosmith's "Toys in the Attic"
46. Go to a Phillies game
47. Convince a friend to start a blog that I actually want to read
48. Have 3 people/couples at our Philly apartment who still haven't been
49. Learn to write the Greek alphabet
50. Beat Aveyond 4
51. Take the ferry from Philly to Camden
52. Go into the Empire State Building
53. Buy the entire series of Beverly Hills, 90210 on DVD
54. Meet my coworker Liz from Chicago
55. Travel somewhere on business that I've never been
56. Make a list of my 500 favorite songs of all time
57. Finish my wedding scrapbook
58. Make three actual physical photo albums containing pictures from junior year of college and beyond
59. Make a donation in someone's honor or memory
60. Finish writing a book that's not part of a series
61. Try a Southeast Asian dish at a kosher restaurant
62. Become a member of a Shul
63. Organize meals for a friend post-baby
64. Grow fresh herbs for cooking
65. Make a potluck theme meal
66. Take a cooking class
67. Take Yoni to Rita's Water Ice
68. Buy a pair of really comfortable pajamas
69. Get a new coffee table
70. Learn how to crochet
71. Buy a piece of jewelry containing a sapphire
72. Go to a Decemberists show
73. Make an entire Moroccan meal
74. Watch Veronica Mars from start to finish with someone who's never seen it
75. Become a bona fide fan of the Old 97s
76. Write a "Yeah, That's Kosher" blog post about Philly
77. Take a duck tour
78. Add three new pictures to the Fisch Wall 'o Travel Photos
79. Get a poem published in a journal, online or otherwise
80. Travel to Iceland
81. Spend a Shabbos in Washington DC
82. Get genetic screening
83. Buy a true purple lipstick
84. Learn "Ekhad Mi Yode'ah" in French
85. Get a photo published on a travel website other than "Yeah, That's Kosher"
86. Buy ramekins, a tart pan, and a mandoline
87. Make French toast
88. Buy a pair of silver sandals
89. Get all my boots re-heeled
90. See She's the Man
91. Get three more people to post on The Lady Pool
92. Write three more posts for Jewediquette
93. Learn some basic Spanish
94. Try 20 new recipes
95. Send a card to someone I haven't spoken to in years
96. Send my grandmother flowers for no other reason than that it's Friday
97. Read Steven Tyler's autobiography
98. Vote for something in support of gay rights
99. Learn how to play either Bridge, Canasta, or Mah-jongg
100. Go to Einstein for a Shabbos
101. Think up another 101 things, for 1002 days from now
And for the record, it took me like 2 days to think of these, so, ya know, don't mock. And the countdown begins....now.


5 Comments:
Sweet list, spoolhead.
I once grew basil & used it a ton but it died. I hear mint is heartier.
You could jump the gun & buy something of Goldie's: goldsister.etsy.com. Definitely get a license already. I always forget you don't have one & when i remember it makes me laugh joyously.
Do you have to do these by yourself, or can you have assistance? I totally volunteer to participate in goal completing. I bet we could easily knock out 10 in a couple of days.
I'm surprised by how many of these I've done...
Baby in 2.7 years huh?
Definitely open to doing these things with others--in fact, I think it might be better that way.
Also, when I wrote this list, I miscalculated slightly and thought it was a little over three years, not a little under. Either way, the baby was a "maybe," Philllllip. This way, if I get knocked up by accident, I can always pretend it was part of the plan. Brilliance!
I can help with two of those things: 1. I have a great recipe for Yerushalmi Kugel and it's soo easy and yummy and 2. teach you how to play Ma johng
Post a Comment
<< Home