Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Kicking Ass and Taking Names: A Goal Update

So, turns out that I've actually been doing pretty damn well towards my 101 goals, and I didn't even realize how awesome I was being because I sort of forgot about it! But, surprise--I am even more awesome than I dared hope. To wit:

8. The trip to Charleston has officially been booked, so this one will be happening, barring any sort of disaster/emergency.

13. Benjamin has now become super photogenic and I have tons of documentation. Check!

41. Amsterdam is now a possible stop on the bar trip, so although it'd be the first thing to get cut if we discover that we need to shorten/cheapen the trip, it's still possible that it'll be completed in September 2011.

43. The fruit was a rambutan.

48. None of the people mentioned who were planning on coming actually came, but I'd already accomplished this and then blew it out of the water on Purim, so, yeah--still done.

50. I beat Aveyond 3.2 and 3.3, and I will totally destroy 3.4 when it comes out in September. Booyah.

58. The first Philly album is just about finished, as is a college album, and I'm planning on making a honeymoon album or maybe one of those Snapfish book things. (Probably both, because I'm me.) This will totally be done by the time I leave.

60. Not done, of course, but way, way closer--I'm in mid-chapter 14, the rest of 14 and all of 15 are outlined, and chapters 16-20 have already been written.

61. Done and done--pad thai at Max & David's.

62. Also done--we are officially members of Mekor HaBracha.

63. Apparently, someone I don't know is in charge of this for the shul already, but I fully intend to assist when the time comes for a certain someone who is currently carrying identical twins. B'sha'a Tovah and Bli Ayin Hara and all that, of course.

65. OK, so it didn't really have a theme, but I did have a potluck Purim seudah after all, and there were reasons behind almost all of my dishes, plus Yoella bought Persian rice, so I think this counts. Done!

67. Done! Although, ironically, this one was done in DC.

76. http://yeahthatskosher.com/2010/01/outer-banks-nc

78. Done! Our wall now proudly features two pictures from Outer Banks and one from New Orleans.

83. Finally found Illamasqua's Underworld and it wasn't a good lipstick, but now that I've dyed my hair red, I no longer really want this.

94. Done! In addition to the 12 things already listed in my listy retrospective post, I've also made chicken wontons, drunken noodles, lemon meringue pie, Harvey Wallbanger cake, jalapeno poppers, sausage with peppers and apples, sweet potatoes with vanilla-rum sauce, and minute roast.

96. My grandmother unfortunately broke her hip not once but twice and is now in rehab. I will be sending her plenty of flowers, starting with this Friday, so, yeah. That one will be done soon.

3 Comments:

At 1:52 PM, Blogger Philip E. Wolgin said...

Not bad at all. When are you heading to Charleston? And sorry to hear about your grandmother...

 
At 1:54 PM, Blogger Dahlia Adler said...

August 3-8. Wanna join?

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger dani said...

Harvey Wallbanger cake? Do tell!

PS...good work!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home