Sunday, February 28, 2010

Use It Or Lose It

Ha! I almost accidentally broke my resolution to write every month until I realized that I hadn't written yet! You won't catch me, you jerks who want me to fail! Here I am!

So, it's Purim. I wrote what I think is a fun post about it on a different website, which I'll repost on another Daily Dahlia post because this post isn't going to say so much. But anyway, so far, so good! I dressed up as Blossom, but I forgot my camera so I don't have any evidence of it. Needless to say, no one figured out who I was on site and everyone thought I was either a hobo, or gypsy, or myself displaying really bad taste. My friends Lizzy and Ira dressed up as Snooki and the Situation and were the greatest thing ever, and it's far sadder thing that I don't have a photograph commemorating that than my own sorry get-up. They won the costume contest at shul and it was well-deserved.

So far, I've just spent the rest of Purim doing prep work with Yoni in the kitchen for the ridiculous 15-person Seudah we're having tomorrow, the menu for which will be in the other Purim post and which I hope will be as awesome as I think it sounds. Yoni made a few sample wontons and they came out ridiculously good. You should all be sorry you don't live in Philly. Well, I suppose you can take that with a grain of salt, but you know what I mean.

As for my standard updates, I'll be getting a few new recipes in, and I went in for genetic testing since they were doing it for free downtown. I won't get the results for a bunch of weeks, but the cookies were good and I'm glad I got it down while still living here, since Philly's got the center for genetic testing and whatnot and there was a far better chance of my getting it done for free here than there would be when I move back.

So, that's that--life is boring and I'm watching SNL and not really focusing, so read my other post instead, coming up riiiiiiight....now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home