Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Things For Which I Am Excited

For those of you who don't know, my newest nephew was born on Rosh Hashana, and he is africkindorable. Which, of course, since I live in this godforsaken city 2 hours away from my family, is something I can only tell from pictures. I am counting down the minutes until I go to New Ro for shabbos so I can finally see him in person (and find out his name, which apparently is being kept secret until the bris, which is on Shabbos) and frankly, it's making me impatient! But thinking about him is also making me thing about other things I'm excited for, like...

...the new Weezer CD! Who knew? And I feel like a fraud saying this, because although I own Maladroit, I've listened to it maybe twice, and because I'm cheap, I never even bought the Red Album. But now that I've gone to a Weezer concert, my love has been renewed and I am fairly dedicated to the idea of owning every one of their CDs (I'm off to a good start since I have all of the first four) as soon as I am no longer poor and can spend money on things like CDs. Drops 10/27, y'all.

...getting a forest green manicure! I keep seeing it in magazines and loving it but it's not quite the season just yet...OPI makes a gorgeous shade of it for their new Espana line (Here Today, Aragon Tomorrow, maybe?) and I want it already!

...a new computer game I will not discuss here because it makes me a big, huge dork, but I will say that I'm incredibly impressed with the speed at which Aldorlea and their friend-companies have been releasing the old-school RPGs that have become my serious obsession.

...Sukkos! I just really like Sukkos. I'm pretty sure it's my favorite holiday.

...Simchas Torah in DC--holla!

...watching all the TV I missed last night on DVR, because I was too busy watching 2 full hours of House, which I found considerably more compelling than I expected. Not that it didn't feel long--it did--but I had no desire to turn it off in the middle, which was impressive considering how incredibly exhausted I was after a crappy night's sleep followed by fasting through the workday followed by a three-hour class. (Did I mention I'm taking another class at Penn? It's called Writing for T(w)eens and I don't feel like writing about it right now, but I will eventually.)

...getting my boots back from the shoemaker, because it'll be nice to have normal heels again.

Good times!

6 Comments:

At 2:33 PM, Blogger (tani) said...

I say go ahead and download the weezer stuff you don't have. You've paid your dues with the first few albums and concert tickets. They're rich enough. It's a new age!

Woo continuing education! (I write this during a break from thesis writing)

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger Philip E. Wolgin said...

Did you get a Mac???

Re: Writing for Tweens, does it cover anything other than vampires?

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger Dahlia Adler said...

No, I most certainly did not get a Mac! Why would you even say such a thing?

And I said I would write about the class later! Patience!

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger Philip E. Wolgin said...

"a new computer came I will not discuss here because it makes me a big, huge dork." How could I not think that? Seriously though, Macs rock.

And you'd better be coming to my party on simchat torah night...

 
At 10:31 PM, Blogger Dahlia Adler said...

Oops--I mistyped. It's a new computer GAME, actually! Because I'm a geek. And I'll fix that now.

As for Simchat Torah, we're staying at the Ribners, so we can't come unless they can come too...

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger Philip E. Wolgin said...

Well then get them to come - I invited them last night (didn't have their email originally)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home